Sunday, June 13, 2010

4 Years Down, An Eternity More To Go

Today is my 4 year wedding anniversary! It's funny how time goes. I feel like we have been together for forever, but it really isn't all that long. It's fun to think back to when we first started dating, the things we did during high school, things we did after high school, when Mark gave me a Promise ring after my parents told him they wanted us to wait to get married, and the night he proposed, and the list goes on and on. I don't remember every moment, but I remember alot. I know I've never stopped loving Mark. There were times of course when I got mad about something or we had a little spat, but every couple has that. I didn't realize how unhappy I was before I dated Mark till much later in our relationship. I'm so thankful for him for lightening up my life and everything else he has given me. Since our last anniversary Mark has gotten a promotion, I've found a good job, our Father in Heaven sent us another angel to care for, and we've grown closer as a family.
We had our date this past Friday. We went to Olive Garden for dinner. We decided to try new food rather than sticking to what we knew we liked. Our food was good, but we would have preferred our usual choice. Afterwards we went over to Hollywood Connection and had an hour to kill before our movie started. So we got a bunch of tokens and played at the arcade. We ended up doing a lot of Skee Ball. We did play a few other games and a game of Air Hockey that Mark kicked my butt in(7-5 though). He kicks my butt at almost every game we play. But it's ok. We went and saw Iron Man 2, real romantic right ;) I like action movies and I wanted to see it. When we were planing our date, Mark thought we were going to see Letters To Juliet, which I also wanted to see, I thought we were going to see Iron Man 2. I'll admit I didn't want it to be to much of a 'girly romantic' date, so I said we'd see Iron Man. It was really good. Before we went out we exchanged gifts. I had ordered Mark an 8-bit clip-on tie from ThinkGeek.com and he got me some my favorite mixed cream Chocolates and a necklace I already had, but was sort of messed up. It's called Music Of The Heart, it's a treble clef inside a heart. I've worn it everyday since he gave it to me.
Mark's sister wanted to do something for our anniversary, so when the boys woke up today(our anniversary) we were to take them to her and she would take care of them, giving us some alone time. We just slept in later. Mark slept later than I did, my hunger got to me. We didn't do much else today other than church and a birthday party for the daughter of a friend of ours. I made delicious lasagna rolls for dinner.
Looking forward to the rest of Eternity with my high school sweetheart!

2 comments:

The Barnum Family said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I'm glad you guys made time to celebrate together. For our anniversary two years ago we went and saw Die Hard, so don't feel bad about Iron Man. =)
May you enjoy an eternity of happy anniversaries!

The Newly Weds -
Not So Newly Wed

said...

Congrats & happy late anniversary!! :)