Sunday, November 29, 2009
2 - "Five Minutes" = If she is getting dressed, this means half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
3 - "Nothing" = This is the calm before the storm. This means something and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'nothing' usually end with 'fine'.
4 - "Go Ahead" = This is a dare, not permission. Don't DO it!
5 - "Loud Sigh" = This isn't actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are and idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing.(refer to #3 for the meaning of nothing)
6 - "That's Okay" = This is one of the most dangerous statements a woman can make to a man. 'That's okay' means she wants to think long and hard before deceiding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
7 - "Thanks" = A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say 'You're Welcome' (I want to add a clause here-This is true, unless she says 'thanks alot'-that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome'. That will bring on a "Whatever")
8 - "Whatever" = Is a woman's way of saying F... You!
9 - "Don't Worry About It, I Got It" = Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing herself. This will later result in a man asking 'what's wrong?' For a woman's response refer to #3.
Couple things that are going on in the pregnancy now....
- bigger belly = much harder to get comfy and getting up off the couch or floor
- much less energy and strength, plus I've started getting yelled at for doing certain things that I shouldn't, cause it puts to much stress on the prego body.
- baby Emmett running out of space so his movements start to hurt mommy a little, but are awesome to see.
That's all that is coming to mind right now. It is all worth it though. I wouldn't trade it for anything!
Thanksgiving we spent with all my aunts and cousins etc. We volunteered to bring mashed potatoes. We thought the other person was only bringing one bowl, so we made about 17 lbs of potatoes. We got there and she had a huge pot full of potatoes! So there were tons of left over potatoes. My family always plays Bingo with White Elephant gifts on Thanksgiving. So we played that for awhile, tons of people brought a gift. My dad was "caller" Chase loved to help him and had to be right there by him.
We also started a new tradition this year of family service. We had some baskets for everyone to bring canned food to donate to the Utah Food Bank. And we had our own little Angel Tree so we could help out a few of the families in our big family that are in a rough patch.
It was tons of fun being with my extended family. After that we went to my parents house for leftover turkey dinner. It was a fresh turkey that my mom had made that morning so it wasn't exactly left overs. Chase had so much fun playing with his cousins.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
I am so very thankful for:
- my husband - he does so much for me and our family. I don't know what I'd do without him. He is so sweet and can cheer me up very easily when others can't. I'm so glad I found him and that he came into my life. I'm grateful for all the work he went through to take me through the temple first.
- my son, Chase - he is so sweet and cute. There is nothing like seeing his eyes sparkle when he learns something new, or is happy, or I could go on. His spirit is just so amazing. I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world!
- my unborn son, Emmett(and any other children waiting to join me here on Earth) - I can not wait to meet this precious little soul that my Father in Heaven has blessed me with the opportunity to care for.
- the rest of my family - they are wonderful and have made me who I am today.
- my friends - life would be dull without friendship and I have some pretty amazing friends who I love and care for that mean the world to me.
- a home - someplace to hang my hat and be safe from the weather. A place of my own that I can fill with love.
- Mark's and my job - that we are able to pay for those things that we need in life.
- Insurance - so that we can see a doctor when needed and not have to spend so much out of pocket.
- My talents - my Father in Heaven blessed me with so many talents, I love being able to show him my appreciation of them by sharing them with the world.
- Music - nothing better can express emotion than music.
- the Church/Gospel - I defiantly don't know where I'd be without it. It is so true and pure.
- Temples - where else can we feel true peace and that constant loving spirit.
- Transportation - I'm thankful that we have a working car and are able to get to and from where we need to without much difficulty.
- my trials - they only make me stronger
- books - i love to read and sometimes need that little escape from reality.
- Tender Mercies - need I say more?
- all the little things - there are more little things we take for granted than we realize. Our Father in Heaven has given us so much, we can't fully comprehend his love for us.
- My Savior - he is always there when I need him, and he knows how I feel.
- an education - some people don't even get that, I'm grateful that I was able to go to school and graduate high school and have the opportunity to go to college.
- food and drink - I'm thankful that i have the food and drink I need to survive and that I don't have to go without, and that I have easy access to what I need.
That's what I can come up with right now, I'm pretty worn down from the day. Some of them are straight forward, others are a little more broad of a subject and cover so many things.
I enjoyed being able to spend Thanksgiving with my extended and immediate family. That my son was able to play with his cousins and we could show our love for one another and have a good time. I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving! We all need to take the time to really think about all the things we are thankful for and all the things the Lord has given us, when really he has given us Everything!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
I swear my stomach is bigger now than it was when I was 9 months prego with Chase, but it's not quite there. We are now experiencing the big movements that move my entire stomach. As creepy as some of them look and as weird as it feels, I like them the best. It's hard to describe why, but I like knowing that he is good, and it gives others more opportunities to see/feel him move. Chase likes to touch Emmett(my stomach of course) and says he loves him. Chase is going to be such a good Big Brother!
These past couple of days have not been so fun. I had some really bad back pain, could not sleep at night, major hot flashes and chills, light headed-ness, the works. I thought I was just having a worse pregnancy now then with Chase, but then someone brought up that I might have a Kidney infection. I'm starting to agree now. I plan to call my doctor tomorrow and see what he wants me to do. It's a tuff decision cause my next appointment is the 19th, which is not that far away. My pain isn't so bad now. I really don't think a hospital trip is necessary and I really don't want to foot that bill if it turns out there is no infection, just regular prego symptoms. I guess we shall see what he says tomorrow.
It's getting much more difficult to bend over now. I hate not being able to see my feet and how my shoes look with the rest of my outfit. But it's all worth it and I can not wait to meet my new angel! I can't wait to meet this sweet sweet little spirit! There is nothing like meeting a little one who just came down from our Heavenly Father. They know so much and yet can't share it with us and they are just perfect!
Chase was rubbing my belly the other day and was saying "nice Emmett". He is so cute! And when he pulls up my shirt( "open belly" is what he calls it) to get a better view of Emmett, he starts looking for my belly button which has disappeared into my baby bulge(not a bump anymore) and has yet to pop. I think it'd be hilarious if it pops on Thanksgiving and my "turkey timer" pops on turkey day.
Friday, November 6, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Emmett is pretty active. He likes to hang out at the top of my stomach still, and he makes my belly go into odd shapes sometimes due to his positions. I can no longer walk straight. It's the preggo waddle all the time. When I walk fast, the waddle is even worse.
I've had some vaginal pressure and it's getting pretty bad. I can't roll over in bed or pick up my foot without pain. It is beyond annoying. I'm going in for a 3rd ultrasound on the 6th. My doctor wants to check my cervix. He also wants to check that the placenta has moved up to where it should be.
Other than that vaginal pain I really don't have any complaints. Yeah it hurts when Emmett is constantly pushing and stretching, and getting comfortable at bedtime or when sitting around the house is really hard, and I can't walk certain distances without getting extremely tired.. I love being pregnant. There is nothing like having a growing spirit inside you and feeling that little one move around and the growing bond.
I'm hoping to deliever vaginally. If I can't then I will never get that experience. I had Chase via C-section. No doctor would ever allow a vagianl delivery after 2 c-sections. I'd really like to have the experience of a vaginal, but we shall see what the Lord has planned for Emmett and me.
Chase is so excited to be a big brother. We bought him a book called "Big Brother". It talks about baby coming home and growing etc. He loves it! He knows who is in Mommy's belly and gives baby kisses all the time.
(Chase was Spiderman for Halloween and loves his costume and begs to wear it)
We still have some shopping to do before Emmett gets here. I'm grateful that we have almost everything already from when Chase was born. Biggest thing we need to get is a mattress, as Chase is using his on his toddler bed. We do need to get some warmer 0-3 mnth clothes as Chase was a summer baby.
We are very excited for Emmett and can't wait till he is here with us!