Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mother's Day, hiking, and 4 Months

My mother's day was pretty good. Mark sort of gave me a whole weekend rather than just one day. We did what I wanted and he took care of the boys for me. Chase was a little bit of a pill on Sunday. The church handed out giant candy bars to all the woman after sacrament. Chase made a flower in nursery. Mark bought me books 2-4 of the Percy Jackson series(we already had book 1). The boys signed a beautiful card for me. Mark made Chicken Cordon Bleu for dinner and then we went over to my mom's house. We had a Diary Queen ice cream cake(that my dad had brought home) and cupcakes. My brother had picked some tulips and an iris for me, my mom, and my sister-in-law. My mom gave me a beautiful card. It was nice spending time with the family. My cute little niece wrote me a cute little note full of things she thinks of me/likes about me.
We've been trying to spend time with Mark's brother and dad every 3rd Sunday of the month. This month we decided to hike up Ensign Peak. It was really nice, it was a beautiful day! Chase had to be carried for more than we expected, but he did good. Mark's brother didn't feel up to a hike, so they joined us for games after the hike. They played Clue, I was taking care of Emmett. Stephanie had to take care of Morgan(Emmett had fallen asleep), so I took over for her. They had been playing for awhile. I rolled my first roll and got into a room and made my accusation, no one could prove me wrong so I looked in the envelope and I was right. It was awesome that I got it on my first guess! I had not been paying attention to the game at all!
We want to do more hikes this summer, enjoy this beautiful earth Heavenly Father gave us, and get more fit. We are talking about doing Doughnut Falls next month. We plan to do Timpanogos Caves this summer. Mark has never been. We won't take Chase, we think that would be a bit hard for him.
Emmett turned 4 months old yesterday! I can't believe it's been that long, yet so short. Time really flies! He had his 4 month check up today. He is 17lbs 7oz and 27 1/4 inches. His weight is in the 91%, his height is in the 99%, and his head circumference is in the 71%. He is such a happy baby! Smile for anyone! He is starting to talk and jabber. He has found his thumb and sucks on it often. his favorite toy is one of those little blankets with a teddy bear on the top, which is actually a rattle. He is eating almost every 4 hours and sleeps for most of the night. He gets to start rice cereal now. Looking forward to watching him grow! Chase loves playing with Emmett, and they are so cute. The other day Chase was 'eating' Emmett's toes. Mark asked why and his response was, 'They are yummy!'

And so you have it. BTB if you didn't read my last post, I am now selling Avon! You can shop at my online store at www.youravon.com/dpeterson or if you want a booklet let me know.

4 comments:

Candace said...

Just an FYI, We carried Abby in a backpack carrier when we went up Timp. If you know anyone that has one, it might be worth it to borrow. They make you leave it towards the top, but by that point, it's not so far that Chase couldn't make it, or be carried in Mark's arms the last little bit. If you DO leave Chase out of the hike but take Emmett, have Mark carry Emmett, and you carry a backpack with water and some light jackets. When we went, since David had Abby on his back, I carried Jacob in a snuggli on front, and had a backpack on my back with supplied (diapers, jackets, water.) And it ended up being a bit much for me. (and Jacob was only half the size then that Emmett is now.) However, it might be a nice hike to do just the 2 of you. Once you get into the cave, carrying the baby or chase gets tricky with how slick it is and all of the REALLY low ceilings.

Deborah said...

We have Dan and Rachel's hiking carrier, but Chase is way to big for it. Up Ensign Mark carried Emmett in our little front carrier thing. Kiera and Dave took turns with Chase. Kiera had the backpack with diapers and treats for once we reached the top. I had the camel pack. When we do go to Timpanogos we will prolly leave Emmett, I remember how tight those caves get.

Candace said...

That's interesting about Dan and Rachel's carrier. Elysia can ride in ours

Deborah said...

well i don't know the weight specifications, but mark and i think he is to big for it.