Monday, February 9, 2009

Chase's First Dentist Appointment

I took Chase to his first Dentist appointment. They had me move him from chair to chair while waiting for the dentist to come in. He did come in for two seconds to say hi then he left. I had to keep telling Chase he couldn't get down and needed to stay there. The nurses talked with him, gave him a toy car and even let him look in the mirror the dentist uses. Eventually I had to sit in the chair with Chase on my lap, because he wouldn't stay there. The dentist finally came in and put on his gloves and grabbed the mirror. I held Chase against me and held one arm, the nurse held his other arm and helped open Chase's mouth. Of course he cried and fought.
The dentist said all is fine and that he has a few teeth coming in the back and more should be coming soon. Then he asked for any questions then said goodbye see you in 6 months and left. Then the nurses gave us a new toothbrush, fluoride toothpaste, and floss. And we left

How do they expect me to make Chase spit out the fluoride toothpaste and floss his teeth. I have a hard enough time brushing his teeth well with the toddler toothpaste that he can swallow. Things shall be interesting I guess.



No comments: