Thursday, April 9, 2009

Moving Day and 5 Days Later

We had our big move on the 4th. We got up really early and packed the last minute things. While I went to pick up our friend Darren and breakfast, Mark picked up the U-Haul. Just before 8, Mark and Darren started loading the truck. Within the next hour we had 6 guys from the Harmony Park ward come and help(thanks guys we really appreciated your help and will miss you all!) We had the truck loaded within 2 hours! I went to my parents to try and watch General Conference while Mark and Darren went to the new apartment to start unloading. Ryan and Stephanie came to help unload about an hour before my parents and I showed up. My mom watched the kids, Steph and I made room for furniture and boxes and organized a bit. This is Darren inside the truck.
Mark hauling some boxes up the stairs. Ours is the one with the door open on the deck.

Our living room, Steph and I were moving the bookshelf.

Dinning room and Hall, you can see my mom sitting in the hall outside Chase's room.

My niece Elysia, Chase and Jocelynn(Steph's daughter) playing in Chase's room.
We were again done within 2 hours! The guys took the U-Haul back while my mom, Steph and I put the kitchen together a bit. When the guys got back we ordered pizza and relaxed. We three girls then continued to organize and put some stuff away, calling the guys help every once and a while.
Sunday we cleaned the old apartment and again didn't really get to listen or watch General Conference. So I am looking forward to next month's Ensign and when the session become avaliable on ON DEMAND, so I can catch up. While Mark watched the Jazz game at my parents that night I went home alone and did some more unpacking and organizing.
Monday I had our kitchen and living room complete, pictures and all! The bedrooms and bathrooms still needed some work.
Tuesday I went shopping for some storage helps we needed and got the bathroom and Chase's room finished.
Wednesday I finished the master bathroom and bedroom. Kiera's room is still full of boxes, but just the random stuff we had in closets and under beds at the old place. Nothing that we need everyday.
Our living room, 5 days after move. Chase is sleeping on the couch.

Dinning room and hall way.

Chase's room

The boxes in Kiera's room.

It took Chase 3 nights to get comfortable and adjusted to our new home and be able to sleep through the night. Today, I am just going to take it easy and relax a bit. We are enjoying our new place and looking forward to using the pool and playground when the weather gets warmer.

No comments: