Sunday, October 30, 2011

What an awesome week!

Our week did start off with everyone being a little sick. Not enough to call into work, but it did only last a couple days. We relaxed most of the week. Singing everyday and playing with the boys. Mark had Thursday off for my ultrasound. Surprise I'm pregnant!!!! We found out that we are having a little girl! Oh I was on cloud 9! We went out for ice cream after the appointment(mainly cuz Kiera joined us for the appointment and wanted to spend some extra time with us before going to work). We are going to name our sweet girl Lyla Rose Peterson. When we saw August Rush, the mom's name is Lyla. I loved it. Also turns out my grandma had a sister named Lila. Then I wanted to keep my maiden name somehow and figured using it as a middle name would be awesome! We've been stuck with this name since I was pregnant with Emmett. Any who, we had a fun day just being a family. Friday was the usual and when Mark got home we decorated paper pumpkins. Saturday morning the nursery had a Halloween party for all the nursery aged kids. I took Emmett while Mark stayed home with Chase. They had cookies to decorate, face painting, paper pumpkins to put stickers on, a pumpkin bean bag toss, and pumpkin bowling. Emmett loved the pumpkin bowling. He could have done it all day if we'd have let him. They gave all the kids a treat bag before they left. We went back home and chilled for a bit. Mark finally tried on his costume and it didn't fit. We had bought a size 36 online(he is a size 32) but he was busting the seams. Sit down and seams pop, move your arms back and the shirt rips open like the Hulk to small. So we went to a couple stores to try and find something. We were able to piece one together without spending to much money. We later went to my parents house. My dad painted Chase's face for the ward party(they won't allow masks). We borrowed a few things from my dad for Mark's costume. Chatted for a while then off to the ward Chili cook off. The boys loved running around with the other kids. I really don't like chili, but luckily there was a white chili that I would eat and was pretty good. They had a costume contest and Mark and I won 2nd place for Best Overall Costume. He was a Detective, Chase was Spiderman, Emmett was Superman, and I was the villain(in prison stripes.) It was a fun evening.
Looking forward to relaxing on this beautiful Sunday with the ward Trunk-or-Treat tomorrow night. Happy Halloween!

No comments: