Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Family Filled Weekend

Friday was my birthday. I spent it relaxing and doing whatever I pleased. Yeah the house could have been cleaned a little, but I didn't want to clean. I worked on Mark's stocking, read my book, and watched TV. It was nice to veg. When Kiera got home from school and work, we left her with Chase. Mark and I went to TGI Friday's for dinner. We love that place. Their Mozzarella Sticks are amazing. I got a 10 oz Sirloin Steak with Cheddar and Bacon Potatoes and their Cheese and Broccoli Soup. That soup was amazing. It hit the spot that I didn't know was there. Mark got a 12 oz New York Strip with the same potatoes as me and their Clam Chowder. We really wanted to get their Chips Ahoy Dessert, but were stuffed halfway through our steaks. We do that every time. The service there is great, they even have the managers etc walking around helping out. After we were done we went over to the mall and walked around. We went into Deseret Book. I love that store and could spend so much money in there! We bought a picture of the First Presidency, as we didn't have one yet and really wanted one. After walking around the mall for a little while we went to catch the movie Fame. Our showing wasn't for another hour so we got some ice cream from one of the vendors at the theater. The movie was great! Yeah there wasn't a great ending, but I still really enjoyed it. Mark liked it too. It's more a movie for Artsy people, but I'm sure there are non-Arsty people out there that would like it just as much. We got home late and headed to bed.
Saturday I had to work like every Saturday. My parents were redoing their Kitchen, so Mark and Chase went to help. Work was slow for me like every Saturday. I get lots of reading done on Saturdays. When I got off, my dad picked me up so I wouldn't have to walk. We had dinner at my parents with my brother and his family. Chase loved playing with his cousins. He is such a social kid. He however didn't take a nap all day, so we left just before 8 and he was asleep instantly. And he slept almost the whole night. When we got home Mark and I enjoyed the quiet and watched CSI Miami on DVD that we borrowed from his brother.
Chase had had a runny nose all day Saturday and we didn't want him to get the other nursery kids sick and Mark woke Sunday feeling under the weather so we stayed home from church. That evening my parents and brother came over for cake and ice cream. It was a lot of fun spending two days in a row with family, chatting etc. Chase had the most fun with his cousins. He woke on Monday asking for them all. It was an awesome family filled weekend!

No comments: